Monday, September 24, 2007

Surprises

It is so hard to imagine how much poo can come out of a newborn! Yet they always seem to get you when you least expect it. My youngest helped me to experience this yet again tonight. So there we were in the bathroom changing her diaper when without any warning out it came all over me, the counter, and our lovely green floor. Have to say I have never seen quite that color contrast before. I am just thankful it was in the bathroom and not in the bassinet where I normally change her. That would have been just pitiful! I would NOT have enjoyed having to look at the yellow stain against the mint green carpet for the next thirty years. I also am amazed at the trajectory that is accomplished. Didn't know that it could be shot out at almost three feet from the offender. So I have decided that when her father gets home tomorrow, he is responsible for any and all diapers for the next nine days! I must admit though that I haven't watched Ania laugh so hard in awhile. She will be telling this story for some time to come.

No comments: