Tuesday, October 16, 2007

A Baby's Smile

I forgot what it is like to have a new life make eye contact and smile at you as though you are the most important thing in their world! With my husband in a rotational job and gone for half the month I am so thankful for this newest little one. She reminds me that life does go on. Even when I don't want it to. I remember thinking this with my oldest and being in tears over the fact that she was growing up so fast and that I couldn't be home with her. Thank God for a wonderful husband who works so hard for us. I can't believe that we made it through so much and our two oldest aren't messed up. Lord give us the wisdom to do the same with this one and with each new curve ball that life throws at us.

Looking back on things growing up I can now understand why mom and dad didn't do certain things or let us. I pray that we are as discerning in our children's lives.

No comments: