Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Permachink

Well I am currently getting the house ready to Permachink! Yeah, maybe the house will stay warmer at -60 this winter and the fans for the furnace won't have to run so long. Yeah I know wishful thinking. I just got off the phone with the company and they gave me some great news and reduced my workload by a little. I have also been treating log rot in various places. That is close to being done as I had started out doing it wrong, but I fixed that. We were able to dig out around the house this summer, which was good, but with that we found some more issues that are going to be costly. We have to replace up to three logs around the garage. What idiot would build a garage on a two sided cement footer and put the other two right in the dirt! We have talked about options like using railroad ties or cement blocks to raise the logs off the ground. I like the blocks better as it will look nicer but we will see what money brings.

Went out to start cutting some more wood today and almost got Brent's chainsaw started. Oh well, guess I will just have to get a new chain for mine. I cut so much that I wore it down. That's okay I didn't want to cut wood today anyway.

1 comment:

Sierra said...

You are a working woman for sure! Today was my first day out in the yard for some major landscaping duty. I will be hurting tomorrow for sure, but I think it was good for me to shift gears and do a different kind of labor. :)