Wednesday, July 16, 2008

The Quiet Life

The world we live in today is constant go go go. Always have some sort of entertainment on including but not limited too tv, music, ipod, phone, internet......I could go on and on. Until we got here I never realized how nice and calming it can be to learn to listen to the quiet, to not have music on, to shut the tv off and just enjoy each other. I have learned so much more about my children and their likes and dislikes. Thank God for the gift of peace and quiet.

2 comments:

Cheryl said...

Amen Shiloh! It is a gift the seldom people enjoy.

Sierra said...

I was thinking the very same thing when I was in the hospital and it was just quiet. It was so nice not to have the tv blaring, radio on, Kaia screaming, the dog barking and Ben talking on the cell phone all at the same time. Yes... it happens. It has been nice just to have some peace and quite. Glad to see I'm not the only one who gets to enjoy it.