Saturday, January 26, 2008

Adult Conversation

So we went to church last night for Kids Club. I have finally come to the conclusion that it is not for the kids that I go it is for me! I enjoy the adult interaction so much. I have truly enjoyed our church here more because Brent's job is not at the forefront of everyone's mind. It's tough when that is how most people see you. Thankfully with this rotational position I don't have to think about it. What a relief!

Janine looked at Ari's ear last night and said it is a little pink. She gave me some suggestions and am trying them now. I am hoping that it will drain quickly and not become a full blown ear infection. She seems happier this morning. She hasn't been waking up the cheerful little baby that I know and love since her cold. She is all talk and bright eyes this morning though.

Woke up in the middle of the night to my two older children in my bed! Talk about a surprise! Ania has been very good about getting up on her own and going to bed, but I had to carry David. Thank goodness he is still small enough for me to carry short distances. I love to cuddle with them but my bed is my bed. I like having room to move and stretch. Sure wish we had gone with the king size bed, but that is okay I like cuddling with Brent too.

I did my grocery shopping on Thursday and found the most darling little pink coat with a hood for Ari next winter. This is one of the biggest things that I missed about living in Barrow. There are no outlet stores or huge clearance sales, except for what AC is trying to clear out. Thank God for Fred Meyer and their 50%off already clearance priced items. Granted I can't do much of that right now but when an opportunity presents itself and I have the money and can work it into the grocery budget.........

Brent and I were talking and it is weird how God intertwines when people come in and out of our lives. We heard from a old friend from high school the other day. Haven't talked to her in years. It is interesting to see how their lives have changed and how God has been working in them. To see and compare the things we have all gone through and glean from each others experiences. What a treasure!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

You know what? I miss adult conversation when I'm at work, too. Miss ya, babe!