Sunday, January 13, 2008

Sicko

Winter is so not fun when you are sick! David brought home some bad cold, passed it to Ania, gave it to me, moved to Ari, and we are waiting for Brent to come down with it. Uck! I haven't been sick like this in awhile, thank goodness. My husband actually put me to bed:) He takes such good care of me.

We have been busy getting wood, again! Also been fixing holes and making the house warmer. It has been -40 below or close to for most of this week. It is much different than Barrow in the fact that there is no wind. Thank goodness! I actually drove the car today with square tires. You have to just deal with it till the rubber warms up. Talk about a heart attack in the making, I thought I blew a tire! It is supposed to get to 0 or above in the next couple of days. Yeah! An Alaska warming trend. I do miss the sound of the snow blowing on the ground from Barrow but right now that is all I miss.

We had a visitor this week. Pastor Jamie came to see us. What an answer to prayer. Brent had a rough rotation and it was a great thing for him to see him and be able to chat. I hope they come to visit in the summer. Brent and Jamie share the same sense of humor and just feed off each other. It is a riot and truly enjoyable to watch them together.

1 comment:

Cheryl said...

bummer about the colds. i hope you all are feeling better. hello to the family!