Saturday, January 5, 2008

Busy.......

Okay....I am soooooo tired. I still haven't caught up on my sleep from when Brent was home last. I have also been busy with cleaning, the kids, moving wood, laundry, the kids(yes I know I said this one already but you know how it is), the dishes(still don't have a working dishwasher), and many other things I can't remember doing but I know they got done. My arm hurts like the dickens(from minor surgery). Remind me to never do something like that again while Brent is gone!

Ari is teething so I am not sleeping much. Hmmmm! Although I have been enjoying movies while she is up and have gotten a lot of projects done.

Was reading in the paper this morning about a home that was 180feet outside of the fire service area in town. Unfortunately this is a reality for many in Alaska. The department got the call but they determined once they got there that the home was outside the service area. On one hand I can understand the thought process and yet on the other side it was someones home that was destroyed. It is unfortunate that politics and taxes affect whether we keep our homes in an emergency or not. I can't even begin to understand how those firefighters feel. I mean they signed up to do a job and they are told no even though they could have saved the home. How awful to live with that realization. Since we live in an area with no fire service this is a reality for many. It is not unheard of to hear of someones house burning and losing everything.

I have a huge chore list today so I have to get started. Maybe I can bribe the kids to do some of it by making cookies:)

No comments: