Monday, February 18, 2008

Home Again Home Again Jiggity Jig

We have been working on many things on the house these last few days. Today was the basement and getting the new queen size bed ready for guests. I had an extra nightstand and new lamp that I could put downstairs in the guest room. Yes I said guest room! Wow! Never thought that I would say that in my own home. A dream come true. We are having guests in a few days. I am so excited! Haven't seen them in a few months and it will be great to get together and play Settlers and do many other fun things.

We also fixed the toilet downstairs and cleaned the basement from the many projects that have consumed us these last few months. We have still been working on putting things away where they belong and finding places for them without any kind of organizational items. We still have the ceiling fan (thank you mom and dad for the housewarming gift) to put in. Currently trying to figure that one out!@%">!@%*#?! The peak is a pain for a ladder and we are working on borrowing one that is tall enough. And since Brent is afraid of heights (go figure) one that I won't fall off of;)

We got the kids beds in their room and they are currently enjoying their bunkbeds. Yeah! David curled up in his the first night and was so cute. Ania is enjoying her space. I am hoping to decorate their rooms soon. I think Cars or camoflauge for David and Tinkerbell or fairies for Ania. Still thinking on Ari! Lol!

Still ahead of us is the main floor toilet which I don't want to get into but it needs fixing again. Live and learn I guess. I am also trying to be patient as we get the dishwasher taken care of. We got the one back downstairs so I now have room again in the kitchen and am not stubbing my toes on it. The other one is waiting to be taken to the repair shop. We'll see, I had know idea that once I got out of Barrow I would still be washing dishes. Never say never I guess.

I am so not looking forward to summer. So many projects and so little time. Between digging out around the house, permachink, garden, wood, etc. Need I go on?

1 comment:

Sierra said...

Awe, you guys didn't have to do all that just for us. We appreciate your efforts to accommodate and are really looking forward to our vist. If you need help with the ceiling fan, Ben is a pro. He installed both of ours and isn't afraid of heights. :)
Congrats on getting to the point where you feel settled in. Sounds like you have quite a bit more space to fill than we do. It's still a challenge to find the right place for things though. No matter how much space there is, there's always more stuff to fill it.
Good luck with your summer projects. I am actually really excited about mine. We have hit 40 degrees for an entire week and the snow is almost gone. It makes me a little hopeful that I can get my garden started a wee bit sooner than expected... I'm not counting on this being break up yet, but I am excited about the prospect.