Saturday, February 2, 2008

Quilt-Fall Leaves

So I have been working on this one quilt for two and half years now. I am finally in the finishing stages, which I know my husband is jumping for joy for. I have been procrastinating for awhile on it, but it is going to cover the peak window in our house for now for a cheap and quick solution to one pane glass.

I have been trying to figure out how to do free motion quilting on my Viking #1+ without having to order the free motion foot. Well, I took the darning foot from my 64-40 and tried that. Miracle of miracles it worked. Granted it is solid so I can't see through it but that is alright for now still trying to master the free motion thing. My thread kept breaking and even though it was machine quilting thread I went back to my multi purpose sewing thread. Then I kept turning the quilt and then after about a day a some frustration it dawned on me. I don't have to turn the quilt, I just move the fabric the way I want! Wow! Was that easier when I tried that. I felt like those cartoons with the light bulb above the head.

So now I am finishing the quilting, and have to add the binding. Then I can hang it up and look at it all day!

2 comments:

Cheryl said...

wow! I would love to see a picture of the finished product Shi. You are so crafty! i've been working on a cross stitch project for almost a year now.hopefully i'll finish it soon.

Sierra said...

You are going to have to post a pic when you get it up. I'm sure it is fantastic. Don't you just LOVE it when the light bulb goes on?