Monday, February 4, 2008

Night Sky

I was out getting the boiler fed for the night at about 10:30pm on Saturday night, when I looked up. Granted there weren't all of the fancy colors that will appear as the night and winter go on, but I so enjoyed seeing the Northern Lights. What an amazing thing to see. It looked like a big green road that went from one end of the sky to the next. Just being able to imagine where it ended and I couldn't help thinking what a great thing it would be to just hop in the car and follow it to the end of the earth. I didn't get to see them much in Barrow so I am loving the fact that I can just walk right out my front door to see them.

I was thinking of all those that have come before me to live in this vast wilderness and the faith and determination they had to have had to continue living here. And yet I know, just like those who came before, that there is no greater place to be. Especially when you are in God's hand!

2 comments:

Sierra said...

I couldn't agree more. I know that there is a reason for each of us to be here. It was so obvious in Barrow, but I still feel that way here in Wasilla. Each time I see God's miraculous wonders in Nature, I remember that He loves me and is mindful of where I am and what I need to become more like Him.
I am so grateful to be where I am and am so lucky that He chose such a beautiful place to teach me the lessons I was designed to learn. Now it is up to me to make the best of it... Thanks for reminding me of that.

Cheryl said...

I have never seen the northern lights.. I'm jealous! God has made a beautiful earth and so many times we let life block our view of that.